It’s been about a month since I last updated my blog but for the past couple of weeks I have been in sort of a “funk” when it comes to working and my sites. I sometimes question what I am doing and then end up taking no action because I don’t know if what I am doing is actually going to help.
So, I decided that I was simply going to work and stop worrying about everything else. Since I am going to be trying something new with one of my sites, I decided to share it with my readers (if there are any left!).
How to Get More Traffic to Your Website
It goes without saying that if you get more traffic to your website you are usually going to make more money from it. Although there are probably some exceptions to this, most IMers know that more traffic usually equals more income.
So, how do you go about getting more traffic to your website?
Well, there are actually several ways you can do this. You can backlink the heck out of your home page or another page on your site and get it to rank at #1 for a very popular keyword. You could join all the different social media sites like Twitter and Facebook and get people to follow you and read your site like that….
Or you can post a whole crap load of content on your site and rank for tons of long tail and lesser searched for keywords. This is basically the course I am going to be taking with one of my sites and will be sharing in this case study.
My Plan to Get More Traffic to My Authority Site
I have a website that is in a very broad niche (think health, home improvement, parenting and other niches that can have hundreds of different topics that are related). This website has been one of my main focuses since the beginning of the year and I am attempting to make it into an authority site in the niche.
Since the beginning of the year I have been publishing a post on the website about every other day. Although the traffic has been slowly rising it is not rising as fast as I hoped. Then I came across a case study that Wanda and Paula from Affiliate Blog Online did about 3 years ago. You can check out their original plan and how the plan worked out for them.
Even though this was from about 3 years ago I still think this plan can work today. I don’t have the time or partner in this business like Wanda and Paula do, so I won’t be publishing 10 posts everyday but I will be publishing more than I am now.
So, here is my plan on how I am going to get more traffic to my website:
- Starting March 1, publish at least 1 post a day on the site, preferably 2-3 posts. My plan is to have at least 50 new posts published on the site in the first month.
- Each post will be keyword targeted and will have several long tail keywords that I plan on targeting as well.
- Continue with posting every day on the site for March, April, and May. I plan on trying to get ahead in this process and will be scheduling post for the future if I can.
- Continue backlinking this site as I have been for the past 2 months. I haven’t been doing anything crazy but just sending about 2-4 backlinks to the site every day.
Here are Some Current Stats that May be of Some Interest:
- The site is almost 3 years old and has only belonged to me.
- The site currently has 55 posts on it and most of them are from this year. Before this year it had around 15 posts on it.
- The domain is a brandable name and doesn’t have any keywords in it. In fact, I am not even trying to rank the homepage for any real keywords.
Here are the traffic stats for January and February so far.
I will also be looking at the income to the site but probably won’t be giving exact numbers. The site does make some income right now, mostly from Amazon.
I’ll be updating this case study at the end of the month starting in March, so be on the lookout for the first update.